Cheri Masek, CD(DONA)
1. How long have you been a doula?
2. Why did you decide to become a doula?
Always had a desire to become a midwife - had three children instead. When my son and his wife had their first son I was shocked by how much had changed since I had given birth. I decided I wanted to be a part of helping women reclaim their births and rediscovering their own strength in birthing.
3. What are your hobbies, passions, diversions, etc.
My family, music, reading, gardening, traveling and of course, births.
4. What is your philosophy about birth?
Educate yourself about the birth process, surround yourself with a loving support team and then trust your body to do what it knows how to do.
5. A little something about your personal life
Married to a wonderful musician, Douglas. He loves what I do and is completely supportive even when the phone rings in the middle of the night. We have three grown children, one son, Jason and two daughters, Aubrey and Megan.
Our son and his wife, Becky, have two sons. Sebastian is two and his brother Miles is one. We love being grandparents and get to see them pretty often.
Our daughter Aubrey lives overseas (right now in Cape Town, South Africa) and Megan lives in North San Diego.
6. What are your specialties, unique qualities, whatever... what might make someone want to hire you specifically?
I do not take my feelings about birth into the labor/delivery. I feel that the job of a doula is to be supportive of her client's wishes. I have 22 years of medical experience and feel comfortable in hospital settings.
return to top